From the Toronto Estonian House Board
Best wishes and Big Thank You’s
The Toronto Estonian House Board sends heartfelt birthday wishes to Leena Temisevä, who celebrated her 70th birthday this summer. Leena works in the office part time assisting Ingrid Laar, who is the General Manager.
We would like to sincerely thank the Estonian Foundation in Canada for donating funds with which the Toronto Estonian Schools can refresh classrooms for the upcoming school year. We will do this with our volunteers!
What’s happening at the Estonian House this summer?
1) Yoga – our own Aili Kuutan is holding a summer session on Monday nights at the Estonian House (JUL/04 – AUG/29). If you love yoga, or are new to yoga Kundalini Yoga is a nice treat to keep the mind and body at ease during this heat. Classes are held in the Gallery between 7:15pm and 8:30pm. For more information go to http://ailikuutan.com/yoga/. Hope to you see you on the mat.
2) The Estonian House Café is open Tuesday to Friday between 11-3 during the summer months. Come drop in for some treats! Pirukad are always a hit.
3) Estore is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-9 and Saturdays 11-3. Drop in and see what is new!
There are always lots of other events going on too, for example:
1) Boxing Ontario - an organization that promotes and develops the interest and participation in the sport of Olympic style boxing hosted one of their events titled “Canada vs. Ireland” on JUL/15.
2) The Toronto Annual Tango Summit held their celebration again this year at the Estonian House on JUL/16. This year it was Argentina’s Bicentennial Independence Day – a night full of music and dance followed by a workshop on the following day.
Drop in to the office to ask about hall rentals and room bookings for your next event!
Toronto Estonian House Executive Board
From the Toronto Estonian House Board Estonian Life