May 14, 2011 Saint Andrew’s Estonian Lutheran Church 8 am to 1 pm
Yep, the AKEN women are at it again! One year without the bazaar and the AKEN committee members were plagued with serious withdrawal symptoms, symptoms which were not assuaged by the undertaking of other types of fundraising activities. And as successful as the “Vana-aastaöö Veneetsias” and “Ranna kohvik” events were, the AKEN committee much prefers to think of itself as a giant recycling machine…..or perhaps currently more aptly as a MINI recycling machine.
With 20 years of experience under their belts, the AKEN women have finally figured out how to organize a bazaar that is less labour-intensive. At least, they are hoping that it turns out be so! And the committee is, once again, counting on the generosity of the Esto community in Toronto to come up with the goods, the stuff, the “kraam”, the “kaup” for the sale!
Yes, there is money to be made from other people’s used items and the reader can be assured that, as always, 99.99% of the monies earned will be donated to worthwhile projects and causes here in our own community as well in our homeland.
So what does a MINIBASAAR look like?
• it’s all happening during a 4-day period from May 11th to May 14th
• it’s all happening on the main floor of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, 383 Jarvis Street.
• the only exception is the café and baked goods sale which will be in the second floor kitchen
• goods will be received at the church on Wednesday May 11th and Thursday May 12th from 1 pm to 8 pm
• goods will be transported directly from the car into the main floor hall – no stairs involved!
• set-up and pricing will occur in the main floor hall on Friday May 13th
• the sale will occur on Saturday May 14th from 8 am to 1 pm
• followed by clean-up and the traditional sauerkraut soup and beer for the clean-up crew
So what can you donate to the MINIBASAAR?
• kitchen wares
• glass, porcelain, crystal
• art, decorative items, collectables
• jewellery and accessories – belts, ties, scarves, gloves, hats etc
• children’s clothing
• all manner of Estonian paraphernalia for the ESTO Boutique
• brand new, unused items of any kind
• and, of course, baked goods!
Further information can be obtained from AKEN committee members:
Maaja Matsoo, 416-691-0719, , Helle Arro, 416-449-4209,
and Anne Meema: (Hamilton-Burlington area) 905-335-4773,