The Estonian American National Council, Inc. (EANC) requires an executive director to implement and direct its program and internal activities. Responsibilities include:
* Plan and direct fundraising and marketing strategies for the EANC
* Manage day-to-day affairs of the EANC
· Develop, write, and disseminate press releases, alerts, and other public information materials
* Develop and manage EANC programs and activities
* Help develop and implement EANC policies
· Represent the EANC at meetings and at official functions primarily in the Washington, DC area, but also elsewhere, as required
· Organize EANC-sponsored meetings and events
· Keep current with activities of Estonian organizations in the U.S.
· Maintain EANC’s website and database of addresses, and archives
· Develop and implement financial and operational internal controls
· Maintain financial information; produce annual activity and financial reports.
The position reports to the EANC Board of Directors.
· Excellent knowledge of English; Estonian highly desirable
· U.S. work permit
· Very good computer skills
· Good writing and speaking ability
· Experience in similar work highly desirable
· Knowledge of Estonian American communities and activities highly desirable
· Ability to work independently and in a virtual environment.
Salary: Minimum beginning salary $45,000 plus benefits; negotiable, depending upon qualifications and experience.
Applications will be reviewed starting December 1, 2011, and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send resume with job history and cover letter discussing interest in the position to: EANC Executive Director Position c/o Jaak Pedak, 1021 Arlington Blvd. #819, Arlington, VA 22209, or email to .
For further information contact Jaak Pedak at 703-402-7514 or jpedak@ hotmail.com. .
Estonian American National Council, Inc., Seeks Executive Director