U.S. Embassy, Tallinn January 21, 2014
The U.S. Embassy, the Baltic American Freedom Foundation (BAFF), and the American Chamber of Commerce Estonia (AmCham Estonia) will announce the 10 finalists, runner up and the winner of the 2013-2014 Estonian American Innovation Award on Thursday, January 23, at 14:00 at the Baltic Film and Media School (Narva mnt 27) in a special ceremony. The event will feature a keynote speech by Microsoft “Tech Evangelist” James Whittaker. Foreign Minister Urmas Paet will also take part in the award ceremony.
Initiated in 2011, this award recognizes excellence in innovation by Estonians in partnership with Americans, with projects solicited from the broadest range of sectors, including business and commerce, academic and scientific research, medicine and health, the environment, energy, the arts, media, education, and civil society. The winner will receive 10,000 euros, while the runner up will receive 5,000 euros. Members of the press are encouraged to attend and refreshments will be provided following the ceremony.
The members of the selection committee (see attached list) represent a broad range of society from both sides of the Atlantic. The committee considered the applications in terms of their creativity, cooperation, timeliness, peer recognition and from several other angles. Previous winners include ZeroTurnaround OÜ and GrabCAD.
More information about the award is available at www.innovationaward.ee.
View our promotional video, featuring our applicants:
This year's selection committee:
• Mr. Stephen Foljambe Brown - MIT, President of Innovate4Growth Consulting
• Mr Jevgeni Kabanov - Founder & CEO of ZeroTurnaround, PhD, Winner of 2012
• Andrus Alber - Trigon Capital, President of the AmCham Estonia
• Mr. Rick DeVos - CEO, Start Garden, founder of ArtPrize
• Mr. Linnar Viik - European Institute of Innovation & Technology
• Andres Trink - Member of the Board of the Baltic American Freedom Foundation
• Ms Eva Leemet - Loov Eesti
• Ambassador Marina Kaljurand - Estonian Ambassador to the United States
• Chever Voltmer - Deputy Chief of Mission, U.S. Embassy, Tallinn
This year’s applicants
Baltic Lite Light
Bole Floor and Form
Click & Grow
SA Innovation Academy
Secured3d by ITBS
Tallinn University of Technology
Estonian American Innovation Award Winner to be Declared Thursday, January 23 at Special Ceremony