Czechoslovak dissidents' mental resistance
Archived Articles 16 Jul 2009  EWR
    Trüki   E-post   FB     
Brian Hanrahan, BBC News

Dissidents in Eastern Europe had a bitter joke about the communist approach to compromise. "What do you do when you've made someone 99% communist," it went. Answer: "Beat the other 1% out."

It was the approach adopted across the entire Eastern bloc.

Communism wanted to control not just politics but the entirety of daily life. It dictated how people should behave and think. It wanted to run industry, set university syllabuses, and decide what they could read.

Continue reading here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/eur...
 
    Trüki   E-post   FB     
SÜNDMUSED LÄHIAJAL

Vaata veel ...

Lisa uus sündmus