Craft Camp is a Estonian handicraft workshop week during 9-15 July 2016 in Olustvere, Estonia. The camp invites people outside of Estonia to come and learn new skills in a variety of handicraft workshops.
The workshops introduce Estonian handicraft by giving an overview of traditional handicraft techniques from Estonia and teach the modern usage of those techniques in workshops for beginner and advanced levels of knitting, sewing, crocheting, embroidering, plaiting, ceramics and glass, silver, bone & woodwork. The teachers are all practitioners, the camp is organized by UT Viljandi Culture Academy Estonian Native Crafts Department who is known as a great centre for professional handicraft teaching. The working language of the camp is English.
Read more about the workshops at the camp here: http://www.kultuur.ut.ee/en/cr...
Early Bird discount until March 14th, latest registration deadline May 20. Start your registration by clicking: http://www.kultuur.ut.ee/en/cr.... After finishing Step 1 you will receive an e-mail with the link to Step 2 where you can confirm your choice of workshops, field trip, accomodation etc.
The price includes everything in the camp, that is:
- travel from Tallinn to Olustvere and back by private bus,
- accomodation for 6 nights at the Olustvere School of Service and Rural Economics dormitory.
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches (field trip lunch to be purchased on their own), 6 dinners
- coffee breaks during the workshops
- 4 workshops of 6 hours per day, during 4 days
- materials and printouts needed in the workshops
- culture and Estonian crafts-themed movie programme
- including a dinner at the Olustvere Mansion with a concert on Thursday evening
- one (guided) field trip of choice to Viljandi, Pärnu or Setomaa
Craft Camp in Estonia Estonian Life