The organizers of the West Coast Estonian Days (Lääneranniku Eesti Päevad, LEP) have announced a competition for the design of the emblem for the 2007 LEP.
The deadline for submitting designs is April 1st, 2006
The winning design will be judged by a jury composed of the members of the Board of the Organizing Committee for the LEP.
The winner will be announced by May 1st, 2006; the winner's prize is $100.
• The emblem will be used on a chest pin, and must contain the following information: The letters LEP (Lääneranniku Eesti Päevad - transl. 'West Coast Estonian Days'), the Roman numeral XXVIII, the year 2007 and the city name, Los Angeles.
• When designing the emblem, it must be kept in mind that the pin size will be approx. 1" across its diagonal.
• The design should reflect Estonian heritage.
• The winning design, once the prize money has been paid to the winner, will belong to the parent organization, Union of Estonian Organizations on the West Coast (Eesti Organisatsioonide Liit Läänerannikul), under whose aegis the festivities are held.
• The chest pin will be given to every registrant to the festivities, and will also be sold at a designated souvenir stand at the festivities. The design may also be used on billboards and banners displayed during the festivities, and on commercial souvenir items such as T-shirts, beer and wine glasses etc., all associated with the LEP 2007 Los Angeles.
Please send designs to Leila McLaughlin as email attachment at or on a CD-ROM to:
2007 LEP Emblem Competition
1306 W. 24th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
2007 LEP emblem design competition